Apprenticeship training is different to most corporate training programmes as it is highly regulated and leads to an official qualification. This brings with it a range of challenges and benefits.
You will need the following to deliver apprenticeship programmes eligible for levy funding:
- Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers approval
- Deliver programmes which full meet the IfATE standards
- Follow the ESFA funding rules
- Be Ofted inspected, according to the Further Education guidance
- Safeguarding & Prevent
- Have an official End Point Assessment Organisation in place (this may involve and accreditation process)
- Have a means of delivering official functional skills assessments
Applying to register
Apprenticeship providers have a duty to train, protect and ensure the eligibility of of apprentices, in partnership with the employer.
A full list of responsibilities can be found in the Ofsted Further Education and Skills Inspection Handbook, the IfATE apprenticeship standards and the ESFA Apprenticeship Funding Rules handbook.
Education and Training Foundation
You will need to ensure that the apprentice is learning new skills relevant to their job and provide evidence of the 20% off the job training that they complete.
The Education and Training Foundation (ETF), supports teachers and leaders across the Further Education and Training sector to help them achieve their professional development goals for the benefit of learners and employers across England. In doing so, we help to transform the lives of individuals and communities across the country, unleashing potential and benefitting the economy.
End Point Assessment Organisations (EPAO) will often provide advice and support for providers, for example BCS runs regular provider forums. As well as government support and independent consultants who can help you get your organisation and programmes compliant, there are multiple organisations which are there to help. Another great source of information for providers comes from specialist apprenticeship software providers who often share advice as well as selling useful technology.
- https://www.pearsonschoolsandfecolleges.co.uk/FEAndVocational/GlobalPages/apprenticeship-resources/apprenticeship-resources.aspx https://onefile.co.uk/